Silicon Valley Syndrome
California has worked very hard to get smoking out of the culture here.
I think the next step is to have “No Sitting” signs posted here, there and everywhere.
Silicon Valley syndrome?
60% = 3 out of every 5 people sitting at a table working on their computers have pain in some way. Their health is affected for worse.
36% of people get eye strain. (This happened to daddy. Found out he was wearing the wrong glasses.)
30% have back pain.
27% have neck pain.
More women are affected by Silicon Valley Syndrome than men. 63% versus 56%.
Young people 18-34 were three times as likely as old people, over 45, to do something about it, as in put down their mobile devices and go play.
The solution comes in 6 steps.
1. Stand up – there’s a guy who stands up at tall desk in the office where daddy works. Daddy calls him his hero.
2. Move more – not too and back from the refrigerator.
3. Get outside – not walking back and forth to the nearby bakery.
4. Digital detox – a sabbath day from all things techie.
5. Connect – meet people offline. Stand up when you do it. Or go for a walk with them when you do it.
6. Set boundaries – set no before and no after times for going online in any form.
Daddy was checking his email under the covers this morning so the screen wouldn’t wake up mommy.
Daddy are you reading.
These guys did a great data report on Silicon Valley Syndrome. <= Click to read.